Great Educational Resources
- Ontario Agri-Food Education: Agriculturally related teaching resources written for teachers by teachers.
- City Farmer News: News stories from “Urban Agriculture Notes.” For the past 30 years, City Farmer has encouraged urban dwellers to pull up a patch of lawn and plant some vegetables, kitchen herbs and fruit.
- Young Urban Farmers: People teaching about agriculture in the GTA
- Virtual Farm Tours: Get inside an Ontario farm and see just what goes on! Amazing.
- Ontario Farm Animal Council: Working hard to bridge the gap between farmers and the rest of society by providing facts and addressing concerns related to animal care, environment and food safety.
- KidsGardening.com: Gardening resources for family, teachers and beginner or experienced gardeners.
- FoodLink: Buy Local Buy Fresh in the Waterloo Region.
- Green Teacher: A magazine that helps youth educators enhance environmental and global education inside and outside of schools.
- Natural Resource Management for Kids: Great links to ways you can help with air pollution, conservation and more!
- Evergreen: By deepening the connection between people and nature, Evergreen is improving the health of our cities–now and for the future.
- Grand River Conservation Authority: A leader in watershed management programs undertaken for the benefit of all residents who share a belief in the importance of the Grand, a Canadian Heritage River.
- Canadian Wildlife Federation: Dedicated to ensuring an appreciation of our natural world and a lasting legacy of healthy wildlife and habitat.
- The Slug Site: A home page with lots of pictures devoted to the study of Opisthobranch Molluscs.
- Western Soundscape Archive: An amazing archive of nature sounds.
- Sustainable Landscaping: A really neat website submitted by a grade 5 student! It has links to great info on being green, gardening, composting and so much more!
- Recycling – from how it happens to experiments to try yourself. Thanks for the suggestion Tom & Brittany
- International Development Research Centre: Working to build healthier, more equitable, and more prosperous societies.
- Mennonite Economic Development Associates: An association of compassionate business women and men who invest in the lives of families living in poverty around the world.
- CBC: Canadian news site.
- National Geographic: Inspiring people to care about the planet.
- Lyle S. Hallman Foundation: Local granting foundation supporting health, education and children’s initiatives that inspire and grow individual and community potential.
- Trillium Foundation: Enabling Ontarians to work together to enhance the quality of life in their communities.
- Waterloo Regional Heritage Foundation: Promoting and encouraging interest in the heritage and culture of Waterloo Region.
- Libro Financial Group: The focus of the Community Builder Grant program is to develop leadership and career skills in youth.